[Dixielandjazz] Wha' Hoppen?

Hal Vickery hvickery_80 at msn.com
Sat Jul 18 20:31:28 UTC 2009

In case you missed it, I haven't been around since before the Elkhart Jazz Festival because I suddenly stopped receiving mail from the list.  Yesterday I suddenly started receiving it again.  If this is due to some tweaking by either our moderator or assistant moderator, thanks.  If not, then I'm just lucky, I guess....

Anyway, Elkhart was great.  We caught sets with Warren and Allen Vache, Vince Giordano, Jon-Erik Kellso, John Allred, and many others, but the highlight was probably Terry Myers quadrupling on clarinet, tenor and soprano saxes, and piccolo (all in the same arrangement) with the Bill Allred band.

Hal Vickery

Hal Vickery