[Dixielandjazz] By Ned, we invented the genre:

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sat Jul 11 11:15:37 PDT 2009

Hi Dave and All,
Just to contribute my view on this.  If you, Dave, will precisely  define
the boundaries of "native group which" originated the "style" of music in
question then that can be your world of that kind of music as well as the
world  of others who agree with you.  At this time, I sincerely do not
understand  whether you are including yourself among the those "most likely to play
it  in the spirit" (and heart) or if you are saying that this "authenticity"
(my term) is extinct like the dinosaur.

I do not see your view, if I understand it, to be politically  incorrect.
But I do see it as too narrow to be useful to those of us  looking for what
music we want to be listening to, ---- and buying.
Ginny

In a message dated 7/11/2009 7:53:58 A.M. Central Daylight Time,