[Dixielandjazz] By Ned, we invented the genre:

Dave Gannett evidence at otelco.net
Sat Jul 11 05:46:38 PDT 2009

In an effort to display their deep musical knowledge and tongue-clucking
disapproval of my "political incorrectness", their are those on the list who
are entirely missing my point, whish is a simple one:  native groups which
originate a style of music are, de facto, those most likely to perform it in
the spirit which inspired it in the first place.  I never said that other
nationalities could NOT perform that particular style, or that they
performed it badly.  I'm talking about the heart and spirit of the music,
something which eludes many musicians regardless of nationality, who feel
that playing the notes is what the music is about.