[Dixielandjazz] By Ned, we invented the genre:

David Gannett evidence at otelco.net
Fri Jul 10 16:04:39 PDT 2009

Man, no one, and I mean NO ONE plays Mozart, Beethoven or Strauss like the Vienna Phil!
I began my career in the classical field and I swear I could tell the difference between European orchestras and others - they do, in fact, play the music better.  Who plays opera better than the Italians?  Who plays polka music better than the Germans and Bavarians?  Who plays Mariachi better than Latinos?  While I understand the point you're trying to make, mine still stands and can be verified by the an attuned ear.

dg