[Dixielandjazz] No, it ain't OKOM . . . BUT

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Thu Jul 9 22:05:08 PDT 2009

Sorry, Steve.  Can't quite supply you via YouTube with what the  review
described.  The vocalist/guitarist in this YouTube is one of  the trio that was
reviewed in the article you posted.  This YouTube trio  not quite same
personnel.  I would call this presentation avant garde  folk -- but then what do
I know.  :?)  Any how sort of interesting to  see a four string banjo
bowed.  I have also seen/heard some intriguing  aural effects laying the banjo
across lap and playing it with glass or  metal as in dobro approaches.
<_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5_ktuE3VVA&feature=related_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5_ktuE3VVA&feature=related) >

Moving closer to OKUM, here's Brandon Seabrook in a fine (IMO) Klezmer
group:
<_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8YI5fRqeRU&NR=1_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8YI5fRqeRU&NR=1) >   Near the end, they do Artie Shaw's, "The
Chant".

Ginny

P.S. Thanks for the surfing "stimulus".  :?)

In a message dated 7/9/2009 9:07:45 A.M. Central Daylight Time,