[Dixielandjazz] bass(tuba) line for slow tunes

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Thu Jul 9 09:55:34 PDT 2009

Sheik,

I understand what you are getting at - all I do is play modified pick-
up note(s) for some (or all) measures as it seems to fit. You don't
need to go overboard or the rhythm might either shift to 4 beat (or to
a New Orleans "street beat" depending on where you accent) - but that
that  may be what you are experiencing or really wanting!

Dave RIchoux