[Dixielandjazz] Mel Brooks (was Ealing Comedies of the 1950s)

pj.ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 5 02:49:59 PDT 2009

As a matter of not much interest, my stepfather's forebears (the
Haeslers) came to Australia from Prussia in 1853.>>

Hi Bill,
reminds me of an interview Peter Ustinov did many years ago with an Aussie
policemen whio had come to OZ from Berlin where he was in the Gestapo. The
German said `The Russians, they are animals. They ra;ped my mother ,
personally"

Ustinov, in a little aside said `I think I would not completely trust a man
who had been in the Gestapo and then came to Australia to become a
policeman`

Cheers

Pat