[Dixielandjazz] Save the Dates

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 1 13:01:33 PDT 2009

Couple of neat gigs coming up in the Eastern Pennsylvania USA. Come
listen and/or dance if you are nearby.

1) Swing Dance at the High Street Ballroom, Pottstown PA on Friday
July 10 from 9 PM to midnight. $15. I be playing clarinet in an
eclectic quartet with fellow oldster, the renowned Marty Grosz on
guitar. We're paired with with two youngsters, Skip Rohrich on drums,
and the bandleader,  24 year old Drew Nugent. on piano and cornet.
Wonderful dance floor, wonderful dancers. Lots of Fats Waller music.
Swing dance lessons at 8 PM.

2) Barbone Street's usual suspects will be playing on State Street in
Media PA for a Bastille Day Celebration Saturday evening, July 11 in
Media PA. 9 PM till 10:30. This arts stroll/street festival starts at
5:30 PM and runs through the evening. The other band is The Hot Club
of Philadelphia, a wonderful Gypsy Jazz group. Also, the folks from
the Hedgerow Theater will re-enact the storming of the Bastille so
bring the kids. Ben Franklin will be there too. Lots of fun for all
ages. Yes, we'll be throwing Mardi Gras Beads and there will be swing
dance lessons too. FREE event, but there are plenty of Restaurants in
this town should you require refreshments.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband