[Dixielandjazz] new Traditional Jazz Project, Sacramento Area

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Jan 31 12:50:57 PST 2009

Listmates,

If any of you want more info on this event, please contact Yvonne Au at
916/481-5403 or jazz4ev at gmail.com

Or drop me an e-mail and I can send you the flyer in an attachment.  The
software on DJML does not permit attachments.

--Bob Ringwald

-------

The STJS (Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society) and the San Juan Unified
School District have formed
 a jazz partnership.  The new Traditional Jazz Project, formerly known as
the
 Trad Jazz Boot Camp, is our pilot program with the school district that
 brings education activities to six of their middle school and high schools.
 If this program is successful, we will apply for grants so that it may be
 expanded to other school districts.

 Part of the project includes an upcoming Trad Jazz Night as part of the
 Music At the Guild concert series sponsored by Talent Launch, at the
 beautifully restored Guild Theatre, 2828 35th Street (corner of 35th and
 Broadway) in Oak Park on Monday, February 2nd, at 7 pm.  The award-winning
 Rio Americano High School jazz combos will open for the talented Barkin'
 Dawg Band led by school band director, Rik Nishimori, from Lodi.  There
will
 also be a multi-media presentation and jamming.

 I'd like to encourage our jazz friends to attend this fun event.  There is
 no charge for admission.  Please see the attached flier for further
 information.  It comes in two versions, one is a Publisher file and the
 other is a PDF.

 --
 Yvonne Au, Coordinator
 Trad Jazz Youth Band Festival