[Dixielandjazz] PD tunes

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 13:51:06 PST 2009

the "changes" to changes, lyrics, or melodies is a valid (I'm not necessarily saying ethical) way of prolonging copyright.

So, when claiming PD on tunes, be sure to go to the original, or an edition which is in PD.  If the changes as Scott mentioned in C-U-B-A are performed, that's using a copyrighted edition.  Go back to the original lyrics and all should be fine.

And, no, I'm not a lawyer either, just have some experience in working through copyright issues.

steve