[Dixielandjazz] Shimme-Sha-Wabble

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 16:10:04 PST 2009

Hi Listers,

I'm enquiring about the correct structure for the above. I've got a lead sheet in which the Verse and Interlude are in C minor and the Chorus is in Eb. However, the bassist in my band has a different lead sheet in which the Verse and Interlude are in 3 flats, but the Chorus is in C.

Also, in my lead sheet (in Eb), bars 13 & 14 of the Verse are:   I Eb / Eb7 / I C7 / Abm / I. The change from Eb7 to C7 seems odd.

Can anyone help with the conventional key structure and the chords usually played at bars 13 & 14 of the Verse?

Thanks in advance,

Ken Mathieson,
www.classicjazzorchestra.org.uk