[Dixielandjazz] Recorded vs Live Music

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Jan 24 08:42:10 PST 2009

 Ken Mathieson wrote in part:

 > I only caught up with the Obama inauguration on UK TV news later on, so I
didn't hear any of the musical selections, but I can understand why the
classical musicians elected to play to a pre-recording. What happened to the
performance of the other bands?

I was listening very closely.  The rest of the bands sounded great, at least
the Marine band.  I suspect they also were playing to recorded music.  I
think the wind chill was something such as 10 Deg. F.

I didn't watch the parade which had a lot of bands.  Did anyone else notice
the parade bands and how they sounded?

I just can't imagine playing under those conditions.

--Bob