[Dixielandjazz] Is Nick LaRocca the creator of Jazz

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 21 18:32:38 PST 2009

On Jan 21, 2009, at 4:25 PM, Robert Smith wrote:

> Dear Stevio Barbione,
>
> So instead of combing USA for the fabled Bolden cylinder, we ought
> to be knocking on doors in Sicily and Southern Italy. I'll bet the
> Mafia have it in some secret place, and have been laughing at us for
> a hundred years.
>
> Cheers
>
> Bob Smith
> (cover name for Roberto Fabbro Ferraio)

Si.

In one's travels to Italy, one will find a cultural center dedicated
to Nick La Rocca. The Nick LaRocca Cultural Arts Center (" Centro
Studo Nick LaRocca")  in Salaparuta Sicily, a hill town not too far
from Corleone where Don Vito, the Godfather (Marlon Brando) was from.

Much earlier, circa 205 BC, the famed Roman General Scipio Africanus
visited Sicily. He raised a volunteer Army there for his upcoming
battles with Hannibal.  It is rumored that while in Sicily, Scipio
Africanus had several encounters with female African captives.
According to genetic research, Boldeno was a direct descendant.
Perhaps the Boldeno cylinder is buried in Sicily?

Ciao;
Don Stefano