[Dixielandjazz] Leslie johnson RIP

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 15:34:13 PST 2009

Leslie is gone!
What a great loss to the jazz community!
I have been a reader of the Rag since 1982, and have contributed some
festival and concert reviews over the years.  And I really felt
honoured to have been named as her friend in an editorial.  And now
she is gone!
I rather doubt it that anybody will step into Leslie's big shoes.
She's left a void nobody is likely to fill.
We'll remember Leslie.  Blessed be her memory!