[Dixielandjazz] Trips on a Time Machine

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 14 01:57:08 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----

From: "Hal Vickery"

<snip>

>   I've always wished I could go back in time to go to the old Blackhawk
> Restaurant in Chicago to hear the Bob Crosby band live.

That would be one of my early stops too, Hal, or maybe one of the Benny
Goodman remotes in 1937. But then again, I might first decide to catch one
of Django's gigs in late 39/early 1940 when Hubert Rostaing's clarinet had
taken over from Grappelli's violin on the front line of the QHCF.

Thanx to Ken Mathieson for starting this thread.

~~
John D ;~)