[Dixielandjazz] Making Love To The Audience

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 07:02:43 PST 2009

> "Robert Ringwald" <rsr at ringwald.com> wrote
>
> Steve,
>
> You know, and I know, and I am sure that every member of DJML knows
> that the
> term "Making love" is a polite way of saying "Having sexual
> intercourse."
>
> Thus, when you say that you are making love to your audience, what
> do you
> think we will make of it?
>
> If you are going to say these ridiculous things, then mean what you
> say.
> Don't try to worm your way  out of them.

Dear Bob:

I am shocked that you find no differentiation between "making Love"
and "having sexual intercourse."

More over, I am shocked that you would state that premise as a
universal truth every member of the DJML believes. I for one,
respectfully disagree.

I believe there is a huge difference between "making love" and "having
sex", and will explain it  because you don't seem to get it. One makes
love to a person (or audience) one loves and respects. One has sex
with a person usually for self gratification with no thought of
"love". That is usually called lust, or f***ing.

To put it bluntly, there is a huge difference in "making love to the
audience" which is what usually draws a following and more gigs, and
f***ing the audience which usually results in no more gigs.

If, as you postulate, none of the band leaders on the DJML know the
difference, no wonder there is no audience for this music. They are
all, except for me, f***ing the audience.

Thank you for helping me make my point.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband