[Dixielandjazz] Making Love To The Audience

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Jan 12 09:28:55 PST 2009

Steve wrote:
>My statement (Barbone's) about "Making love to the audience" contains no
sexual overtones unless folks choose to read something into it of their own
volition.

What does "making love" mean then?  This is sounding like a Clintonian view
on the subject!

Steve goes on to say:
>Can you not see the irony of your statement about sexual overtones that
apparently are offensive to you,

Ha!  I wish the guys in my band could read that.  They certainly wouldn't
believe that I would be offended by such things.   :>

Your original statement was: "musicians are egotistical. We are making love
to the audience."
You say it is "simply a figure of speech".  I say it is a poorly chosen
figure of speech. And, since it includes musicians in general, as some sort
of swooping statement, I felt the necessity to challenge it.

I think we have now both expressed our sides of the argument, so let's leave
it there, please.

Jim