[Dixielandjazz] Getting paid>>Try a Little Tenderness

budtuba at aol.com budtuba at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 06:03:09 PST 2009

 Larry

Check with your state to see if there is a small claims' court.? Also, your state attorney general may have a consumer fraud representative in your area that will step in with you for mediation.?

Take one more gig with them, ask them again ahead of the job for the back pay, and then part way through the gig, announce to the patrons you will not be back again because they had overlooked paying you for that last two.? Maybe a bunch of inhouse patrons bickering about their treatment of you will get the message through.

I'm wondering if there is really any recourse for me.  The amount is not big
enough to hire a lawyer and I'm not sure if I can take a corporation to small
claims court and even if I get a favorable verdict how do I get them to pay.

Roy (Bud) Taylor
Smugtown Stompers Jazz Band
Trad Jazz since 1958...we ain't just whistling dixie!