[Dixielandjazz] The Audience

pj.ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 12 03:24:30 PST 2009

I volunteer on board the USS MIDWAY, an aircraft carrier museum in San
Diego. >>

Hi Ed,
I went round her a couple of years ago when I was on holiday. A great
experience made more interesting by the volunteers telling `There I was..`
stories.

I was amazed at the dumb questions asked  by some of the visitors. Not by
kids but by  people of an age who ought to know better. About a week later I
was looking round  a B-17 in a museum at Palm Springs.  I was talking to the
Vet. on duty about the Schweinfurt raid when a visitor broke in and ,
fingering the aluminium skin said,  "Is that all you had to keep the bullets
out".?. I caught the Vets eye. I thought he would explode.

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Pat