[Dixielandjazz] Jazz by mail

Jerry Brown jazzjerry at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 22 14:15:21 PST 2009

Hi Marek, As Dingo rightly says I am the UK supplier of CDs to the world and as you suggest my prices when sending to the States are now much more favourable  when compared with the likes of Worlds Records particularly on British and some European labels. Sterling going down against the dollar does not help my British customers when it come to buying American CDs! Obviously I cannot compare prices at length here but three examples using an approximate exchange rate:- 1. Latest Bob Scobey double CD on Jasmine from me = £8.04 ($11.50) or $17.00 from a US mail order supplier 2. Pee Wee Russell with Buck Clayton etc. on Lonehill Records from Spain, from me £8.57 (approx $12) or $15 from a US mail order supplier 3. KIng Mutt & His Tennessee Thumpers on the Frog label from me £10.39 (approx $15) or $19 from a US mail order supplier. Obviously shipping is more expensive but the airmail rates are very reasonable particularly if the CDs are sent without the
 jewel cases which sometimes weigh more that the contents. My website http://www.jazznblues.co.uk has quite a number of CDs listed (of all types of jazz!) together with tracks listings, personnel and prices which for customers outside the European Union are without British VAT. If something is not listed it may mean that I have not had to time to put it on yet not that it is not available! Whilst you are about you might be interested in another Brown enterprise, the Norwich Jazz Party, which takes place over the first weekend of May here is Norwich. Again the drop in the value of Sterling means that attending this great event featuring the likes of Warren Vache, Jon-Erik Kellso, Scott Hamilton, Ken Peplowski, Jim Galloway, Bucky Pizzarelli, Howard Alden etc. etc. is much cheaper that last year for visiting Americans. The website for details of this extravaganza is http://www.norwichjazzparty.com and we would love to see some of you in our fair city.

Commercial now finished!!!!

Cheers,

Jerry,
Norwich,