[Dixielandjazz] Betty Boop in India

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 15 13:03:30 PST 2009

Stephen G Barbone wrote:
> I've added a youtube link to part of "Sita Sings The Blues". It is a
> stylized Indian (Hindu) version of Betty Boop singing a neat version
> of: "Who's That Knockin At My Door"
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BVg1WzS5Co&feature=related

Dear Steve,
No you didn't.
You downloaded a wonderful animated sequence using an Annette Hanshaw
recording from 8 Sept 1927 featuring Eddie Lang, Adrian Rollini, Joe
Venuti, and Vic Berton.
Betty Boop's cartoon voice was ghosted by Mae Questel and based in
many ways to that other great 'Roaring 20s' film and singing star
Helen Kane and the other film favourite Clara Bow.
Now Steve, if you'd paid more attention to Classic Jazz 101 back in
your formative days during the jazzy 50s........ [sigh].
Wot would youse do without us discographers?
Very kind regards,
Bill.
PS: The associated 'Sita' YouTube clips are equally interesting, also
with Annette Hanshaw vocals.
“Sita Sings the Blues” looks to be a great documentary.
I hope we get to see it here very soon.