[Dixielandjazz] French Traditional Jazz

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sun Feb 15 12:26:20 PST 2009

Would it be helpful to search under Edith Piaf or other French  singers?
>_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUNOVC1qVjc&feature=related_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUNOVC1qVjc&feature=related) <

Ginny

In a message dated 2/15/2009 12:25:09 P.M. Central Standard Time,
kyeates at yahoo.com writes:

I am  looking to submit my band's application to a local festival that
celebrates all things French.  We play traditioal jazz and am hoping we  can do a
set of French pieces.  Sidney Bechet is an obvious souce  but everythhig of his
I have heard is instrumental.  I am wanting to have  many vocal charts in
French.

I have found some New Orlenas  stuff with French titles but no Frecnh
lyrics.Eh La Bas is a no-brainer but  unfortunately my knowledge of tunes with French
Lyrics ends there. The only  lyrics I have for Creole Belles are in English.

Does anyone have  some ideas of some New Orleans trad jazz tunes that have
French  lyrics?

Kevin Yeates
Vancovuer, Canada