[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Festival

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 05:25:30 PST 2009

Hello Gerard,
I was there in 1982 for one day, to hear Benny Goodman, and also heard
the Dutch Swing College Band.  I was there again the next year and
heard Wuld Bill Davison, Dock Cheatham, Stephane Grappelly, The Scat
Cats, the Jazz-O-Matic Four, and lots of other good music, too much to
detail.  In 1984, a friend of mine went there and heard lots of OKOM,
although also - The Stchmo Legacy, with Freddie Hubbard, which she
found rather shocking; she was lucky not to have heard of Hubbard
until that day!
Unfortunately, since the late 1980's, there has been precious little jazz.
Cheers