[Dixielandjazz] Be Careful What You Wish For

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 14:32:50 PST 2009

> Dr. Dubious played for a dinner dance last Saturday with a Mardi Gras theme.

Although I've never heard Dr. Dubious in person, based on the number
played on the current radiojazzuk programme (get it before it's too
late), a very good band.

>! By the time we finished Joe Avery's Tune and were leading into
> Oh, Didn't He Ramble, not a parasol was still visible in the hall. I think
> our march leaders all ran out and stashed them in their cars.

I've never seen that happen!  I have attended quite a few British jazz
festivals, always with second liners, and they never disappeared with
the parasols.  But then, they themselves supplied and decorated the
parasols!

> Laissez les bon temps rouler,

Amen