[Dixielandjazz] Paris Jazz

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Fri Feb 6 14:46:46 PST 2009

Phil Crumley wrote:
> Ron Wheeler was asking about jazz in Paris.  When Natural Gas J.B. was there
> in 1997, we gigged the jazz club Le Petit Journal which was a long-time spot
> for jazz there.  Their website:
> www.petitjournal-montparnasse.com/english.htm
>
> bonne chance

Actually, Natural Gas Jazz Band played Le Petit Journal, Saint Michel --
there are two Petit Journals both with very good jazz. Le Caveau de la
Huchette is another hot spot.

Pick up a 'Pariscope' (which has a section in English) at any news
stand. They come out on Wednesdays and costs about 2€.

However, there wont be any good musicians in Paris from Feb 12-21
because they will all be at Sancy Snow Jazz. :-)

All the best, Gary
.

Gary Kiser
34, rue du Président Wilson