[Dixielandjazz] Foolish Questions

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 2 03:23:00 PST 2009

Kevin Yeates wrote:
> I have a recording of a folk/bluegrass group doing a piece called
> "Foolish Questions".  When I heard them perform it live they said it
> was originally a jazz piece from the 20's 0r 30's.  They performed
> it as a recitation rather than singing it with the melody.

Dear Kevin,
To Dave Richoux's list add:
Billie Murray, recorded it for Victor 1635 in 1909 and Jackie
Washington (g/p/vcl) recorded it in Toronto in 1995 with Jay McShan
and Jim Galloway.
There are no other recordings of the song, from the 20s and 30s, that
I can find, under that title.
Same song?
Who knows at this stage.
Bill.