[Dixielandjazz] Listened to Terry Teachout Talk About "Pops"

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Wed Dec 16 21:16:45 PST 2009

Went to hear Terry Teachout talk about his Louis Armstrong biography,
"Pops" tonight.  Thanks -- I think it was Steve, for the heads up about  this
book.  Totally articulate and knowledgeable speaker with the Q & A  even more
interesting than his lecture for picking up details.  I thought  their was a
lot of publicity for the turn-out of maybe 70 - 75.  but then  I'm not so
sure book tour lectures are ever that well attended.  Couple of  film clips
included including one of Louis doing "On the Sunny Side of the  Street".
The book also got a rave review in local Post-Dispatch.  Ran into a
historically savvy drummer friend there who said he was about 1/3 of way  through
the book and finding plenty of info in it he had not seen  elsewhere.  Of
course I came home with a copy. :?)
Ginny