[Dixielandjazz] Boogie Woogie - Bob Seeley Bob Baldori Dick Hyman

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 12 19:23:40 PST 2009

To hear/see some examples of Bob Seeley's boogie woogie artistry go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vb1tdKkPvQ

or mix it with a little stride at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLPvprjSLE0&feature=related

or see him with Bob Baldori at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i7_kAd3C78&feature=related

or at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgIvpfutiQ0&feature=related

If you like that, then see all the side bar songs at the right of the
above sites and note that Baldori also plays harmonica and sings.

And if you want a lesson about Boogie Woogie, see Dick Hyman's lesson.
I suspect he would have to be one of the best in the USA also. Go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfHCMIuEZOw

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband

PS. I've seen Seeley several times here in the Philadelphia area and
he is amazing, putting on a high energy show, mixing Boogie and
Stride. His forearms are huge, like the cartoon character Popeye The
Sailor.