[Dixielandjazz] Spanish jazz Fan complains to police - "That's Not Jazz!"

Alicia Fullbright alicia_f2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 13:12:16 PST 2009

Jeeze I can't believe how people can be. Todays jazz festival offers many forms of jazz. I have been on this list for about 4 years, and we still can't agree on "what is Jazz?" Music is subjective to the listener and their favorite listening patterns. The idea that law inforcement is determining "What is Jazz" is ludicrous. Do we now need "music police"? I think that gentleman needs more help from his mental health provider. I pray for his speedy recovery. Maybe there is a pill for that.
Alicia Fullbright
Sacramento, California

" The thing about performance, even if it's only illusion, is that it is a celebration of the fact that we do contain within ourselves infinite possibilities."
Sydney Smith