[Dixielandjazz] Frankie Jaxon and ?Punch Miller - Christ was born on christmas morn

Anton Crouch anton.crouch at optusnet.com.au
Tue Dec 8 23:51:15 PST 2009

Hello Bill

I agree that it's improbable that Freddie Keppard is the cornet player
on this title.

However, I'm not at all convinced that it is Punch Miller. The section
using mute is the problem - it doesn't sound at all like Miller.

The transfer posted on the vox.com site probably comes from a Viper CD
re-issue and is noticeably superior to the one on the Document CD re-issue.

All the best,
Anton