[Dixielandjazz] Lots of Flats or Sharps

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Dec 6 14:04:13 PST 2009

Ginny replied to John [in part) wrote:
> ...... I started teaching children as young as  eight to play banjo about two years ago.
> It has been such an education for  me to watch how flummoxed they are about moving their fingers into changing  chord
> positions!

Dear Ginny,
I too was flummoxed when I tried to play banjo when I was 42!
So-much-so that I never mastered the chord-moving fingers bit.
Such is life. Another failed banjo virtuoso.
8>)
As with you, my eyes didn't glaze over following John McClernan's wonderfully simple explanation of valve fingering.
Very kind regards,
Bill.