[Dixielandjazz] Lots of Flats or Sharps

mcclernan1 at comcast.net mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 6 11:51:31 PST 2009

One last thought I forgot to say, in my teaching experience and for me personally, those students who first learned piano before a brass instrument, generally have less difficulty with sharp keys; probably a reading advantage. The mental picture of a keyboard has been recognized as an advantage for a long time. Also, most piano teachers balance the flat-key lessons and sharp-key lessons.
My $.02
Cheers,
John