[Dixielandjazz] Looking for a Quote

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Dec 6 10:58:04 PST 2009

Franklin did score a direct hit with "Guests, like fish, begin to
smell after three days. "  but that would not make a great sig!

looks like he borrowed that line from John Lyly (1554-1606) according to
http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/quote.htm  for some interesting
quotes, including some musical:

If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even
as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare
wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of
heaven and earth will pause and say, "Here lived a great streetsweeper
who did his job well." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Dave Richoux