[Dixielandjazz] obscure - differing opinioin

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sat Dec 5 09:40:17 PST 2009

There is another factor with "obscure" tunes.  Often they are ones with
slightly more/different/unusual chord changes and/or multi-strained.  These
do not lend themselves to being played in a jam session or by bands that do
not rehearse regularly.  They can be great tunes though and real crowd
pleasers because of the factors cited above.  Obscure does not automatically
mean, not good.

Ron L