[Dixielandjazz] THE gig

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 15:21:44 PST 2009

Sure thing!
While I'm on the other side, i.e. - the audience, I have already
described here my experiences with dances where youngsters (many in
their teens) danced to OKOM, whether the New Orleans Function or Swing
de Gitanes (with the latter, there were DJs playing swing - Dorsey,
BG, the Count, and Armstrong when the band took a break), and looked
with amazement at us dinosaurs (that includes my young friends who are
in their late forties).
Reach out to young audiences, "call your chillun," and they will come.
Cheers