[Dixielandjazz] Chord Choices - was DYKWIMTMNO, Chord Decisions

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 28 20:37:56 PDT 2009

Especially if you have more than one chord instrument in the band. Say
piano plus banjo or guitar. <grin>

Ernie Carson was a taskmaster on chords. I heard him ask a tuba player
what a certain chord was, the tuba player saying "it is about a Bb7 or
so." Ernie replied sharply, "not about, it is exactly a Bb7.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband