[Dixielandjazz] For YouTube Withdrawal Syndrome

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Aug 24 22:42:20 PDT 2009

That fiddle is a version of a Stroh Violin, patented in 1899- it has a
resonator amplifier and brass horn to project the sound. The subject
has come up on DJML before...

More info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroh_violin_or_Horn-violin

They made a full range of sizes - even String Bass size! (I had a link
to a picture of one somewhere, but my files have been self shredding
lately!)

Dave RIchoux