[Dixielandjazz] Re You Are What You Listen To

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Mon Aug 24 17:29:14 PDT 2009

Hi Steve et al,

I scored only 2 out of 6 genres (guess what they are!), but am astonished at the narrrowness of options. What about music from other cultures (folk and popular music from all around the world for instnce)? My collection wouldn't reflect me or my interests if it didn't contain huge amounts of music from Brasil, Cuba, Argentina, Africa, all the European countries, as well as a wide range of religious music (have you heard the Gaelic psalm-singing of the Scottish Hebrides - hair-raising music). I guess the categories tell you more about the personalities, values, social class and ethnicity of the people who carried out the study than the results of the study.

Cheers,

Ken Mathieson
www.classicjazzorchestra.org.uk