[Dixielandjazz] I must be sick.

M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 7 10:24:05 PDT 2009

>>>As a Shaw fan, I considered buying it, but it's not the complete
works--it's the instrumentals, plus some with vocalists, but omits the
Helen Forrest sides. Shoot, I'd much rather have had the latter than the
Gramercy 5 sides...

As usual, the Mosaic website includes the complete album discography, so
one can decide based on one's preferences...<<<

Agreed.  I'm not a "fan" per se, and only fell for the restoration and, ahem, the selection, as I'm not always a vocals guy.  Just wanted a good selection of a reedman I have heard very little of but cannot deny I consider fabulous.  My only taste previously was a fuzzy radio cassette from the 40s.