[Dixielandjazz] Show bands was live vs. recorded music

Steve Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 2 14:18:33 PDT 2009

Hi gang...
If you have Debbie's email, let me know - I used to work with Debbie at the
Fish Market in Old Town Alexandria for a while - I was working with her one
night when an old cat came in and sat close to where we were playing,
drinking up a storm.  As she played, he kept shouting at her on how to play!
Not amused, on the break, I went over and politely told him to hold it down.
Not respecting my request, the next set, I had one of the waiters throw him
out...   That was when, apoligetically, Debbie told me, "That was Ernie
Carson..."  We had a good laugh...
It seems he was following her everywhere, and she was getting a little tired
of it...
Anyway, I'd like to get a message to her, if I could...  She was a sweet
kid...  and a good solid banjo player...
ALL the Best,
Steve