[Dixielandjazz] Which recording mics?

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Thu Apr 30 18:44:30 PDT 2009

The Shure SM57 is used in a lot of studios. It does a wonderful job for
recording instruments, including drums. If you wish to step it us a bit, you
may  wish to consider a Shure Beta 57. It has a great sound, and is
especially  desirable for drums. (Bass drums should be a Shure Beta 52)

For vocals, a great mic is a Shure Beta 87C.

These mics are not budget breakers and do a real good job.

Hope this helps!
Bill
414-777-0100
cell 414-305-6955

In a message dated 4/30/2009 5:59:23 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
dick at sleeman.nl writes:

How  about a Sharp microphone, Bill, say the SP-SPSM-1  ?

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category/samples

>  I'll bet that there are plenty of musicians on the DJML that do home
>  recordings.  I was wondering, what is a general all-purpose mic, other
> than the standard Shure 57 and 58, that are better mics than then 57
> and 58, but that won't break the bank to purchase .  In other  words,
> that are up a notch or two.
>
> Bill  "not-so-Shure"  Sharp

Dixielandjazz  mailing  list
Dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com