[Dixielandjazz] Bud Shank. R.I.P.

Tavecchio, L.W.C. L.W.C.Tavecchio at uva.nl
Sun Apr 5 12:12:07 PDT 2009

Did anyone know this statement by Duke, and when he said it?

"Bud Shank is too much. I told him I had his contract ready, but I can't get him to leave California. He was the greatest part of Kenton's Neophonic concert the other night, and he was even greater with us the last two days. He even shook Johnny Hodges . . . Bud Shank is something else!"
-- Duke Ellington

Louis