[Dixielandjazz] French Quarter Festival F2F

saxymargeaux at sbcglobal.net saxymargeaux at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 8 14:22:37 PDT 2009

Other than playing in the parade, our band is not a part of the festival.  We will, however, be playing a "sit down" concert at the Inn on Bourbon Thursday probably from 3:30 to 5:00 or so.  The exact time is not yet set.  We have the rest of the festival open.  BUT!  We are going to make a trip to the Metarie Cemetary to visit Louis Prima's grave, possibly playing "Just a Gigolo" there.  Last year at the festival we went to the cemetary to try to find his grave and also Al Hurt's.  What an adventure that was!

I can try to make the Audacity set.  How will we know each other?  Shall we wear trench coats with a red rose on the lapel and a Wall Street Journal under our arms???

Our group is going to Palm Court on Thursday night.  Not to play, just to listen.

Margaret