[Dixielandjazz] Kids gone wild on the dance floor - was Oriental Blues

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 14:39:32 PDT 2009

That's the way to do it, Steve.  Good going!
Reminds me of something I attended some weeks ago - "Swing de Belleville."
Inspired by a lovely French speaking full length cartoon, "Triplettes
de Belleville," it featured Swing de Gitanes (a quite young Israeli
Gypsy Swing trio) and a DJ.  However, unlike in your case, the young)
DJ played OKOM - the Dorseys, Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw, Glenn Miller,
Satchmo.  And, on top of it, they were screening "Triplettes de
Belleville" most of the time, albeit mute.
And the kids danced, and loved it.  There was a bar, but very basic,
and no food.  They came to dance, not partake of refreshments, and
dance they did.  No chairs or tables on the ground floor, a few on the
balcony (which was the smoking area).
A lovely evening!
Cheers