[Dixielandjazz] Complete E. Kovacs theme song.

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Sun Apr 5 06:47:30 PDT 2009

"Oriental blues" was written/partly stolen by Jack Newlan in 1934. I
obtained a copy of the published sheet music and made a complete lead
sheet w/chords that includes what I call the "Kovacsisms" (as notes above
the staves, so they're optional).

It's in my "20s-30s Fake Book", but I'll sell it separately.

Ray Templin did it in his CD "Piano Man".

The tune as heard on the Kovacs show was recorded by Ernie's music
director, Tony De Simone, released on a 45rpm disk, included in "Ernie
Kovacs' Record Collection", on Varese Sarabande, now out-of-print, but
Amazon.com has a dozen for sale.

--Sheik