[Dixielandjazz] The Wall Street Rag

BOB KNACK bobknack at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 29 07:30:52 PDT 2008

For what it’s worth: “The Wall Street Rag” was also done by the Baja Marimba Band with a vocal by drummer/singer Frank Divito. The lyrics were by leader Julius Wechter’s wife, Cissy, who can be reached at  cissy at cissywechter.com .

The late Ervan “Bud” Coleman, who also wrote “Tijuana Taxi,” was a guitarist in the Baja Band.  It went something like this...

...The market changes when stock exchanges,
You're gonna hear Dow Jones just singin' for me
You're gonna wonder if we're really livin' happily
Honey, It ain't no gag, I've got a brand new bag,
and you're gonna see me doin' The Wall Street Rag.