[Dixielandjazz] The best Snake Rag ever.

Robert Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Fri Sep 26 12:53:33 PDT 2008

The version recorded by King Oliver's Jazz Band two months after the Creole
Jazz Band version ain't bad neither.

I'm wondering, Mike, if your "ever" meant "ever by a revivalist band"? In
which case I would be inclined to agree with you - I've not heard it played
better by a revivalist band. However compared with the two Oliver
recordings, none of the front line are quite as good as Oliver, Armstrong,
Dutrey, and Dodds. The trombonist doesn't have the sense of timing that
Dutrey has, particularly on the full-slide glissandoes.

Kind Regards

Bob Smith

--
Jeg bruker gratisversjonen av SPAMfighter for privatbrukere.
 Den har fjernet 6428 søppelpostmeldinger til nå.