[Dixielandjazz] Wall Street Rag (was Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 69, Issue 31)

Craig I. Johnson civanj at roadrunner.com
Thu Sep 25 17:30:03 PDT 2008

Bill,
re: "Wall Street Rag"
In addition to the Joplin piece by that name...
there is a song by that name in "Anderson" written by Ervan "Bud" Coleman in
1966.
A simple Google search locates:
Recording: Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass  A&M Records (UK)   1967
(single 45 rpm)
                 South Shore Circus Concert Band  Conducted by Richard
Whitmarsh  [on a CD "Sounds of the Circus]
                Dan Levinson and His Canary Cottage Dance Orchestra  Stomp
Off CD1415

Now.... I have to admit that I'd never heard either of the two titles
mentioned until
            "Dr. Dubious"  requested lead sheets for them.

Craig Johnson