[Dixielandjazz] Mercer Accompanist

Robert Newman bobngaye at surewest.net
Thu Sep 25 14:31:23 PDT 2008

I was just given a copy of the CD AN EVENING WITH JOHNNY MERCER in which he does a live concert of AND THEN I WROTE material covering his life of incredible accomplishment.    It is totally engrossing and enjoyable.    It's just Johnny and a piano accompanist who segues perfectly, continuously, through dozens of key and tempo changes and cues.    My question is -- WHO IN HECK COULD THAT WONDERFUL PIANIST BE?    The friend who gave the CD copy to me doesn't know either.

I've checked several sources on the Internet and even though there's good material there, the pianist is not credited.

Bob Newman