[Dixielandjazz] Don Hill?

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 25 01:08:36 PDT 2008

Entering his 88th year?
The same man who played on the downright pornographic Witherspoon classic, live, where after 'Spoon has sung "Have you ever loved a woman?" some genius of timing and expression (musically, I haven't asked the woman) excalims "yeah!" ?
And the Helen Humes "get up you fine young thing, I want my morning exercise!" declaiming praise of the senior gentleman?  I could do no better than suggest playing that master or mistresspiece for the extremely heated altoist aboard -- phew!